Copyright ©2007- 2020 Donna Goff

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Real Food

As you can see, I prefer to use "real" ingredients, preferring to minimize nutrient loss and minimizing chemical additives.

Butter instead of margarine. I do not buy margarine.

Yes, I use sugar in cookies and cakes, mostly. I rarely use corn syrup, mostly for candy, which is enjoyed sparingly. I do not buy Aspartame, Splenda, High Fructose Corn Syrup or other fake sugar. I do not buy Sugar-free drinks. Sometimes we get gifts of pop from others at Christmas. Sometimes we get root beer with pizza or make root beer floats, again, this is rare, as well. We have done the diet coke and Menthos experiment. No, I have never tried coke on toilet rings.

I prefer scratch to boxed. Really, scratch does not usually take very long. This tends to limit nutrient loss from processing and controls the number of chemical additives to food and limits the amount of high fructose corn syrup.

Though there appears a lot of cookies, cakes, desserts, and snack recipes, they are usually used for family home evening treats, when we have guests, or desserts for celebration. Truly not an everyday fare.

No comments: