Copyright ©2007- 2020 Donna Goff

Monday, July 19, 2010

Donna's Ranch Omelette

When my second oldest son married, the wedding was in Oregon. My husband and I stayed with a family that introduced me to the idea of using ranch dressing, rather than milk or cream in my omelettes.  The ranch has seasoning that blend the filling flavors into a delicious omelette.  I did not get their recipe but experimented on my own.   I like to offer filling choices.  Leftovers can be saved in a sealed bag or container in the fridge for omelettes tomorrow!  I only saute up the portions that have been requested.

Ingredients:
Omelette Filling Choices:
Diced Scallions
Diced Red Pepper
Diced Green Pepper
Diced Tomatoes
Diced Ham or Chicken
Real Bacon Crumbles
Finely Grated Cheddar Cheese- add cheese when cooking omelette, do not saute

Omelette mix:
Eggs
Homemade Hidden Valley Ranch (does not have a rancid taste)
Olive Oil

Directions:
For each omelette, saute a tablespoon of each vegetable (and meat if you choose to add it) in olive oil.  Set aside in a bowl.  Mix. 2-3 eggs for each person with 1-2 Tablespoons of Ranch Dressing.   Put a tablespoon of olive oil in a saute pan or omelette pan. When the oil is hot pour egg mixture in pan on medium low to medium heat.  Let omelette bubble and begin to cook.  When the omelette begins to lose its glisten, sprinkle cheese over the surface and then sprinkle sauted filling over surface. Flip half the omelette over the filling, making a half circle shape.  Lightly brown both sides and serve.

No comments: