Copyright ©2007- 2020 Donna Goff

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Teri Beef King

I grew up on Oahu. I can remember going to Kenny's Burger House in the Kam Shopping Center in Kalihi. Kenny's was there for almost a decade before McDonalds got to Hawaii, and in 2002 was replaced with a McDonalds. One dish Kenny's served was a Teri Beef King sandwich. This is my rendition. I know some people had other things on theirs, but I was a kid and a purist. I had the meat, onion, and bun.

Ingredients:
Thin sliced raw beef roast, marinated in my Teriyaki sauce marinade over night.
(I have the butcher shave or thin slice a roast)
Fresh thin sliced yellow onion
Hamburger Buns
Butter

Directions:
Cook marinated meat and onions together, in a skillet. This caramelizes the onions. in teriyaki sauce. Butter bun face and place face down in a hot skillet to toast and crisp the bun surface. Assemble and enjoy. Serve hot.

No comments: